We know from experience that kids are curious about money.
The next big step is to show them that saving cash can be as cool as spending it. Our Kids Club accounts help parents teach that important lesson.
Some young people want to grow up to be astronauts. Others want to be doctors, teachers, police officers or clothing designers. But no matter how they earn their living, your son or daughter will need to know how to manage their money. At Summit Credit Union, we're happy to help them get started on that journey.
- Kids Club is designed for children age 12 and under (parent or guardian must join the accountholder)
- Open account with minimum $5 deposit
- Competitive dividends are paid quarterly
- Kids receive a savings passbook and a quarter saver at opening, plus an annual birthday card with a certificate redeemable at any Summit Credit Union branch for a free gift
- Free ID Theft recovery service
To set up a Kids Club account, contact our Member Service Call Center at 336-662-6200.
Summit Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with eight branches throughout North Carolina.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your $5.00 on deposit in your savings account means you own one share of the Credit Union and are a part owner with full voting rights. Once you are a member/owner, you are eligible to take advantage of the other services available at the credit union. If your savings balance falls below the $5.00 requirement, you will need to make a deposit to bring the balance back to $5.00 to maintain your membership.
Our Christmas Club gives you a way to save money for end-of-year expenses. An account can be opened anytime during the yea and can be accessed October 1 each year. You are able to take a partial withdraw prior to October 1 with a $5 fee.