Time and money make a potent combination.
It doesn't take a huge commitment - as little as six months. But even a small amount of patience pays off with higher earnings than traditional savings accounts.
Almost everyone can use more money. But when do you really need it? In a few months? Next year? A ways down the road? That's the beauty of a Summit Credit Union Certificate. Whatever your goals, you can choose the savings term that fits best with your financial plans.
- Certificates offer a higher rate of interest in return for agreeing to leave funds on deposit for a specific length of time
- Minimums deposit of $500 for Regular Certificates and $10,000 for Jumbo Certificates
- Certificate terms range from 6 to 39 months
- In general, longer term certificates and Jumbo Certificates pay higher rates
- Certificates can be used as collateral on a credit union loan
- Once the certificate has been opened, you cannot make any additional deposits
- Closing or withdrawal of funds before the end of the term may incur an interest penalty
- A notice will be sent by mail approximately 30 days before the certificate maturity date explaining your options
- Once certificate has reached maturity, account holders have 10 days to decide options before certificate is automatically rolled over under the same terms
Summit Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with eight branches throughout North Carolina.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your $5.00 on deposit in your savings account means you own one share of the Credit Union and are a part owner with full voting rights. Once you are a member/owner, you are eligible to take advantage of the other services available at the credit union. If your savings balance falls below the $5.00 requirement, you will need to make a deposit to bring the balance back to $5.00 to maintain your membership.
Our Christmas Club gives you a way to save money for end-of-year expenses. An account can be opened anytime during the yea and can be accessed October 1 each year. You are able to take a partial withdraw prior to October 1 with a $5 fee.
We help you avoid needless fees. Trust us for free checking with no strings attached.