COVID-19 Update: November 13
Beginning Monday, November 16, we will resume charging the $2 balance inquiry/assisted transfer fee when completed by our Member Service Call Center. Our Home Banking and CALL 24 services provides 24/7 full access to your account, including transfers, and balance inquiries at no charge.
Beginning Monday, November 16, we will resume our normal Emergency Loan policy which requires members to wait a period of 90-days before re-accessing the line of credit funds once the loan has been paid in full.
Through March 31, 2021, we will continue to waive the fee associated with using our Pay24 service. Pay24 allows members to make loan payments without having to visit a branch by using a debit or credit card.
All branch lobbies have reopened with normal hours. However, branch office visits are available by appointment only. Please call our Member Service Call Center at 336-662-6200 or 800-632-0210 to schedule an office appointment.
For your continued safety and convenience, we also encourage you to continue using the drive-thrus and our other remote delivery solutions such as Home Banking 24, Mobile 24, and surcharge-free ATMs.
What to Expect When You Visit a Branch
- To protect our members and employees, we have installed cough guards at all member-facing areas.
- We are asking all members to wear proper face masks when entering the branch lobby. Complimentary disposable face masks will be provided to anyone that does not have one while supplies last. Our staff will also wear face masks to protect you and gloves at their discretion.
- Social distancing floor markers will be in place to guide you where to stand while waiting to be served.
- We will continue to disinfect and sanitize high-traffic areas frequently throughout the day including teller-line counters, doors, and ATMs.
We will continue to provide updates through email, our website, and social media channels. For additional information on the coronavirus, visit CDC.gov.
Remote Delivery Services
As we all continue to navigate the COVID-19 public health crisis, we encourage you to take advantage of a variety of remote delivery services:
- Pay 24: You can make loan payments conveniently using a credit or debit card using the Pay 24 service. Pay 24 is available in Home Banking 24 and the Mobile 24 app. Click here for immediate access to the Pay 24 service.
- Mobile 24: Mobile 24 is your branch on-the-go 24/7. Access your account(s) right from your mobile device. View your account balances and transaction history, apply for loans, deposit checks, transfer funds between accounts, surcharge-free ATMs, and so much more.
- Home Banking 24: Manage your account online 24/7 with Home Banking 24. View your account balances and transaction history, apply for loans, transfer funds between accounts, and so much more.
- Call 24: Call 24 Telephone Banking is available 24/7 and allows you to check balances, transfer funds, make loan payments, and check on deposits and withdrawals. Call 336-662-6201 or 800-522-4212.
- Surcharge-Free ATM Network: We have over 56,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide and in some foreign countries. Look for Allpoint surcharge-free ATMs in these retailers: Target, Speedway, Costco, Walgreens, CVS, Harris Teeter, and many more. You also have access to State Employees Credit Union (Cash Points), Truliant Federal Credit Union, Coastal Federal Credit Union, Allegacy Federal Credit Union, and Piedmont Advantage Credit Union's ATMs surcharge-free. Find ATMs nearest you by visiting SummitCU.org or through our Mobile 24 app.
With COVID-19, there is more than your health to be concerned about. Using your emotions to their advantage, fraudsters are looking to capitalize on the pandemic. Over the past few weeks, multiple potential scams have come to light.
Be on guard for the following scams:
Fraudsters claiming to be the government are calling about COVID-19 relief. These “officials” are suggesting you may qualify for a government grant, but they require you to confirm your identity to receive it. Scammers are even asserting that you can get more money from the government or receive your stimulus check sooner, if you share your personal information and pay a small fee. The IRS will deposit your check into the account you have on your latest tax return or you will receive a paper check. Remember, the IRS will not call you to verify information. Do not give your home banking login or account information to anyone, even if the person claims to be associated with the government or the credit union. Nobody from the government or the credit union will call you and ask for this information. If you receive a check now, it may be fraudulent. It is going to take a few weeks for eligible citizens to receive their stimulus money. If you feel that you have been a victim of fraud, contact law enforcement and the credit union immediately.
Beware of scammers offering the “miracle cure”. There is no cure for the coronavirus. The best way to protect yourself is following the guidelines from the Center for Disease Control. Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face.
Robo-callers calling pretending to be your insurance company or the government have ramped up with the the end goal of stealing your money. Report robo-calls to the NC Department of Justice or 1-844-8-NO-ROBO.
Today there are a lot of organizations asking for donations to help combat the coronavirus. And, some of those organizations are not what they seem. Be careful of charities that are not legitimate. When you are donating to a charity, confirm that it is legitimate. You can verify charities through the NC Secretary of State, BBB Wise Giving Alliance, Charity Watch, and Charity Navigator. Pay via credit card for your security.
Do not believe everything you read. Falsified information is prevalent in relation to COVID-19. Look out for phishing emails and text messages that are claiming to be from the government or health officials. Do not click any links from sources that you do not know. When searching for updates on COVID-19, make sure you are looking at trusted sources such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) or the NC Department of Health and Human Services.
When it comes to fraud, follow your instincts. If it does not feel right, it most likely is not. Remember, you have the power to protect yourself and your family from fraud attempts. Please share this information with your friends and family. Do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions or concerns related to your financial well-being and safety during this time.
Setting Up Direct Deposit
For members needing to setup direct deposit, our routing number is 253176118. You can find your checking account MICR Number the following ways:
Home Banking 24: Select Direct Deposit Information under the Services drop-down menu. Look for the checking account MICR Number listed.
Mobile 24: Your checking account MICR Number is displayed in the checking account history page.